Thursday, November 04, 2004

Contemplations

I am not sure if I am just lazy or if I am slipping back to my depressed ways. It has been tough lately to motivate myself. I have had 2 bouts of depression that I have been treated for 1) after I went off the pill, before my daughter was born and 2) Hours after my son was born, heavy post-partum depression. Both times I was treated with Zoloft and I did not seek outside therapy. I wonder if that is something I should have done, or something I should do now.

I know that I need to get organized. I need to plan my days. I need to get up and take care of myself, shower, fix my hair, get ready for the day just as if I left the house for my job. Prior to quitting my job, I was working a 30 hour work week and getting paid decent money to do it. That was the most wonderful setup. However, we moved away and I decided to stay at home. Initially made the choice to stay at home before we moved. If we still lived in the same area, I think I would talk to my old boss about a part-time work setup. Still not sure that would be the cure to my problems now.

I need to get started with work today. We are going out of town this weekend to visit the MIL. God, grant me the strength!! :) I need to clean and do laundry and play referee between my two toddlers. So I should get off to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Heavy sigh. I hope you are not experiencing depression.

As you know, there are pros and cons to working and/or being a stay at home mom. When I was a sahm, I wanted to work, when I work, I want to stay at home. Both are stressful in different ways. Both are rewarding in different ways.

I wish now I could be at home to be a stay at home gramma. But I have to work, I have no choice. I know I would miss my job but my job is also stressful and not very rewarding. I work from home which helps with keeping a handle on things at home but I miss the social aspect of working outside the home. There are groups to join, and clubs, etc for sahm.

Maybe you can figure out a way to have the best of both worlds??? If so let me know. I have a feeling I will get laid off soon.

8:16 PM  
Blogger wendy said...

Some it may simply be the time of year. I've noticed that a lot of people including myself seem to have a difficult time with depression in October and November. I'd attribute it to the change in seasons but I live in an area where that isn't much of an issue.

Hang in there. You'll get through it.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home