Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Rant Away

*Blogger is posting my comments in duplicate. I know, I know it is a free service...But I am ranty tonight! =)
*The Cardinals are not doing what I had hoped!! Down 0-3 in the Series.
*My house is a disaster. What is it about going out of town that turns your house upside down. And I didn't even go out of town. However, I think that if at least half of the family is gone from the house and come back, then house is a disaster. At least that is what I am going to tell myself so I don't take any responsibility for the house being a disaster.
*Toddlers have no respect for the house decor!! I bought a really cool garland for our fireplace for Christmas. The garland did not get put up (my fault) and DD felt it necessary to pick the faux berries off of the garland. I didn't yell at all. Just told her that it was mommy's stuff and to not touch mommy's stuff. Probably should have put her in time out because she does need to respect other people's things. But I didn't
*Still trying to figure out a way to be organized as a stay-at-home mom. I have been out of the business world for over 2 years and I still can't manage to organize my appointments. My Parents As Teachers educator showed up today at 10:00 AM and I completely for got about the appointment!! House was a wreck, I was in my nightgown still, son had just laid down for nap and the dogs were running wild. Had to throw on clothes, put the dogs in their crates and get son out of bed (he wasn't sleeping anyway. Mom is holding on for dear life to the morning nap). My choice to keep the appointment, but what the heck, she had already seen me and the house so, come on in.
*Trying to join a group is hard! Women are cliquish. It starts when we are young and it just never goes away. I went to the pumpkin patch last Wed. With what I thought was going to be the Early Childhood PTA (ECPTA). Wrong. No one showed up, except for one woman who was also with a Moms And Tots group. She eventually asked me if I wanted to join their group but I didn't. It was one of those "I guess I will ask her to join our group because it is the nice thing to do". The kids and I did our own thing and they had fun. I had called the week before to let the person in charge know that I was going to be attending. I didn't get a call that said it had been cancelled because no one signed up. So I called the President of the ECPTA to express my annoyance with the situation. There is a trick-or-treating activity on Friday listed in the newsletter as "Details to come". So I asked "how is information disseminated to the group?" She took my information to give to someone so that I would be on a distribution list. The problem I had is that they are not doing much to embrace new members and to encourage attendance at the activities. My PAT educator said that she thought they needed new members and didn't think this was the way to go about getting new members. And I agreed with her. So I am going to keep trying but I really think more should be done to welcome new members and to get them involved with the group. I really just would like to make one friend that is a stay-at-home mom so I don't feel so isolated. Who knows if I will even like any of these bimbos. With this attitude I am sure they will definitely want to be in my company. =)
*Don't get me started on politics - I don't want to lose the few readers that I have. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger wendy said...

Had to look up Parents as Teachers. I'd never heard of it before. Looks very interesting.

I was never a stay at home mom so I never had a chance to get into any of those groups. I do know from my current experience with my son in school, parents (not just the women) are cliquish. Kyle started in his current school half way through second and got into the GT program in 3rd. Most of the parents have known each other since their kids stared pre-K or at least 1st when their kids were placed in GT. Wow, it's just like highschool all over again.

I have no problem with politics. I'm always interested to hear what other people think even if they don't agree with me. Rant away! : )

9:40 PM  
Blogger Extra Strength Surfing Fingers said...

Oh girl, you can rant away about your politics. It won't bother me in the least bit. I love to read other's opinions on the matter.

And as far as the 'kid' thing goes (LOL), your blog is one of few that I love to read when it comes to children. I get a huge kick out of your stories.

Take care and go Sox! (sorry, couldn't help myself...hehehe) :)

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home