Thursday, October 14, 2004

Out of town preparation, hysteria

Man, going out of town has a whole new meaning with kids (doesn't everything)!!!! There is nothing like getting ready to go out of town to put me in a mood. Once we are on the road I am ok. We take at least one trip every couple of months to visit my mother-in-law, so you would think I would have a routine or at least be used to the chaos. I am not. I have to get myself together as well as two little ones. I do use a list so I am fairly good at not forgetting things. It's just stressful to be in charge of 3 instead of 1. I wish my mom would come to our house to watch the kids, but I can't complain because she will watch them for us at the drop of a hat! So I have been going non-stop since 6:00 AM, and thankfully J-Dog did not wake up last night. So I was able to sleep un-interrupted. HALLELUJAH!!!

Stupid WalMart!! Had to run to WalMart for a few last items, two of which were bags of dog treats. Well, WalMart has these new (well, not too new) roundy-round things (technical term) and it is inevitable that I forget a bag, the one with the dog treats in it!!!! That is one of my pet peeves!! I sometimes am good at making sure to check each bag on the roundy-round thing, but not today. So I had to go back at 8:30 tonight (after the kids were in bed) and get my dog treats and hope they don't give me any crap about getting them! I am tired, trying to remember everything that needs to be done before I go to bed and now I have to go BACK to WalMart. They didn't give me any hassle. Not sure if I was too pleased with that because I was ready for a good argument. So I hate those things. I like the stores with the self check-out. Then I know that I got all of my stuff. Some friends have had problems with the self check-out but I love it. More people are liking it because they aren't as open as they used to be.

Everyone have a good weekend!!

1 Comments:

Blogger wendy said...

Have a good trip! : )

I LOVE self checkout. Our grocery store has it and I use it all the time. My only pet peeve is the people that want to pay with $50 worth of $1's. ATM cards people.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home