Saturday, October 23, 2004

Delightful Day

What a day I have had. I came home this morning from visiting a friend of mine from college. Our monthly get together with my friends from college was set for last night. WEnt to dinner and then watched Twisted with Ashley Judd. Not a bad movie, not great, but not bad. I came home this morning and the house was silent, well as silent as it can be with two dogs. I did a little shopping, caught up on tv shows that I have had recorded for a month, have not picked up one thing, ate chinese (which my husband hates so I don't get the opportunity to eat it very often), and enjoyed the silence.

I took for granted my freedom before I had children. I really like time to myself and my husband does too. I think I should make it so that every once in a while my husband and I each get to enjoy quiet time in the house. It really has helped rejuvenate me. I do miss them too, it's a good missing...

So tomorrow morning I will clean up so my husband can enjoy a clean house and the kids can enjoy dragging out all of the toys again. And I will start my week all over again.

Tonight I am going to watch the World Series, GO CARDINALS!! And then I will go to sleep and not wake up until sometime in the morning. And I know it will be 5:00 or 6:00 becuase that is what my body is used to, but I don't have to get out of bed. I can go back to sleep or just lay in bed. YEAH!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger wendy said...

mmmmmm chinese food. I agree that it is nice to just have everything to yourself once in a while. Have fun sleeping in.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home