Wednesday, September 01, 2004

spoonrock?

What is spoonrock? You will have to ask my 2 year old. This is her new word and when I repeat it, it makes her laugh. I asked her where spoonrock came from and she said, most appropriately, "me". Her imagination is really taking off and it is amazing. I really should revel in it more, rather than be bothered with a dirty kitchen, dirty laundry, toys strewn about, etc...

So I went to my yoga class today. Something else new I am trying. I am really doing anything right now to hold on to my sanity! I joined a gym about 3 months ago, to get myself out of the house and to try to meet new people, as well as get back into shape. I found out that the woman who cuts my hair teaches yoga at the gym I joined. So about a month ago I went for the first time. And it was hard!! But I loved it. So I go 3 times a week. I still need to make time for cardio work but hey, one thing at a time.

Last night, I played around with this blogger thing a little more. Changed my template and added some links. I can't really find a template that reflected me but I am not really sure I could find anything right now that reflects me. I feel I am drifting around not really connected to myself, but maybe that is part of the struggle of being a stay-at-home mom.

Kids are napping so I am going to try to be prodcutive around the house.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Spoonrock? HA! That's classic! How kids get this crazy vocab. I will never know. Funny thing is, they know EXACTLY what a Spoonrock is! and it's like duh, why can't you figure this out mom! Yoga eh? I have a yoga tape... maybe a class would make me do it more. I feel the same way you do a bit.. i think I'm drifting around.. not connecting to myself. I really do need to meet some people, but it's hard with kids and work, even if you just have kids and don't work.. that's a full time job right there. I'll have to look in to that, that sounds like something I would enjoy.
How did you but the links and stuff on there? That's awesome! :D

3:54 PM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

I have much the same problem as Sam - videotapes aren't a good motivator for yoga (or any other kind of fitness routine, really). Good for you on the classes!

Your little one sounds so sweet. My nearly-2-year-old has just started singing to himself. He can only remember 1 or 2 lines of any song, and just keeps singing them over and over!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home