Monday, September 06, 2004

Magazine Whore...

So you should know that I love magazines. Favorites include US, ABC Soaps In Depth, Self, People, Redbook, Better Homes and Gardens, Women's Day... Any other magazine that has an interesting cover for the week or month.

So I was reading my Redbook this afternoon, while I was, well we don't need to know where I was, but that is what most of my magazine reading gets done. :) Anyway, in Redbook one of the stories is "Get Inspired by our Mothers & Shakers...(page 114) amazing women who've given strenth and self-esteem to those facing life's challenges. One to note: Uma Thurman, who-even with her busy career and two little kids - works to help impoverised families raise happy healthy children." First, nothing against Uma or the causes.. My first thought as I read this. PUHLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, right all the money in the world, housekeeper, cook, nanny, divorced, rich boyfriend...I could be a mother and a shaker too. Of course, I am jaded today. I am having my quarterly fed up moment, where my husband has to prioritize me. I get overwhelmed...which I knew was coming as my last post was my list (or at least the things I could think of before I went to bed last night) I am definitely not a Mother and a Shaker. Some days I barely feel like a Mother. Just have to get control over the overwhelming feelings and how hard it has been to stay at home. It really has been a difficult journey for me. Could have something to do with not practicing safe sex until I was definitely ready for a second child!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I really think people do good and all. Sometimes I just think the media makes women out to be less than nothing unless they have the kids, the career, the philanthropic touch and the house. Again, could be my own jaded glass I am looking through today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

I don't think you are looking thru a jaded glass.. I have felt very much the same why. Some days I don't make it out of my PJs and here you see these mothers with perfect hair and skin and cloths and jobs. I think all moms are "shakers" so to speak. It's a heard job, I didn't have half the respect for it before I became a mom myself.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

oh and I made that picture using this site.

http://illustmaker.abi-station.com/index_en.shtml

after you make it you can copy it to your desktop. You'll need to host it somewhere, because blogger won't let you upload it to the site. I recommend www.tabulas.com
Its a journal site too, but I just use it to host pictures. It's easy to use. after you upload the pictures just copy the URL for the photo and go to edit profile and past it in the user photo space.. and badda bing badda boom! Should be there. :)

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home